19 Jun Summer Groups
Life Groups of the Potter’s House Church of Denver is excited to announce two dynamic groups to be held this summer.
FOR MEN ONLY – SATURDAYS BEGINNING 6/24/17
Men of Courage
Saturdays, June 24, 2017 – July 29, 2017
8:30 A.M. to 10:00 A.M.
|Jun 24||A Vision for Men|
|July 1||Authentic and Inauthentic Men|
|July 8||From Chaos to Chaos|
|July 15||Men Who Fight the Darkness|
|July 22||Men Who Only Need Themselves: The Passion of Toughness|
|July 29||The Dream RestoredL A Generation of Mentors|
Course Book: Men of Courage by Larry Crabb. Prior to the start of class please read Preface through Chapter 1 and answer questions provided so we can discuss in group. Book available in TPHD Bookstore.
- Men need a vision of what it means to come alive as men in relationships
- Men need to recognize and be willing to talk about the obstacles to living the vision
- Men need to be able to identify a pathway to lead them into the meaning and satisfaction of living fully alive as men
Objective: Create a place where Men can:
- Effectively communicate
- Develop deeper relationships
- Talk about obstacles to wholeness
Women, there’s a fantastic group just for you as well!
Never Go Back – Empowered To Change
Purpose: The purpose of this Life Group is to teach the participants 10 areas of life in which we are empowered to make positive changes.
Course Book: Never Go Back – 10 Things You’ll Never Do Again – Dr. Henry Cloud- Available in TPHD Bookstore
- Each participant will discover through personal reflection and small group dynamics the ten basic principles in creating positive changes in the areas of life they are empowered to do so.
- To learn and commit to not repeating past behaviors that cause us to be bogged down and stuck
- To foster daily journaling of the Word of God and increase personal awareness of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and His loving and caring arms.
- To heal from past mistakes and move forward in creating positive change in the areas of life that God has entrusted to their care.
- To foster fellowship among believers in Jesus Christ.
Program Schedule Mondays at 6:30 p.m.
|Session||Date||Tasks and Assignments|
|Session 1||July 3||No Class|
|Session 2||July 10||Topic #1 Never Again Return to What Hasn’t Worked Topic|
#2 Never Again Do Anything That Requires You to Be Someone you are Not
|Session 3||July 17||Topic #1 Never Again Try to Change Another Person Topic|
#2 Never Again Believe That You Can Please Everyone
|Session 4||July 24||Topic #1 Never Again Choose Short-Term Comfort Over Long Term Benefit|
Topic #2 Never Again Trust Someone or Something Flawless
|Session 5||July 31||Topic #1 Never Again Take Your Eyes Off the Big Picture|
Topic #2 Never Again Neglect to Do Due Diligence
|Session 6||August 7||Topic #1 Never Again Fail to Ask Why You Are Where You Are|
Topic #2 Never Again Forget That your Inner Life Determines Your Outer Success
|Session 7||August 14||Topic: Now What – Conclusion Chapters 11-14 Final Team Building Exercise Celebration|